Meditation: Ancient Wisdom
for Modern Times
Sunday October 25th from 9-4pm
Sometimes you just need to have a little quiet time for yourself.
A moment to rest and renew.
To enter into the stillness and sanctuary of silence.
Come and join us for a day of peace and presence with Zen Master e (Kyun Lun – Golden Dharma Wheel).
You’ll enjoy and discover the deep and profound peace that sleeps within you. A place that we’ll journey to through meditation and mindfulness.
There’s limited space, only 12 spots available
so be sure to secure yours today!
Register Now for a Day of Tranquility and Peace $99
(You save $40 – off the regular price of $139)
Send e-transfer to
Silent Meditation Retreat Schedule:
8:30 am Check-In (meditation instruction for first time meditators)
9:05-9:30 Orientation, answering questions, setting up for a successful personal retreat, preparing for silence and opening talk
9:30-9:45 Quick Break/Walking Meditation (in silence)
10:30-10:45 Break/Walking Meditation (in silence)
10:45-11 Walking Meditation/Stretch
11-11:15 Mini Dharma Talk
11:15-11:45 Seated Meditation
11:45-11:55 Walking Meditation
11:55-12:35 Lunch (Interviews)
12:35-12:45 Walking Meditation
12:45-1 Mini Dharma Talk
1-1:30 Seated Meditation
1:30-1:40 Walking Meditation
1:40-2:15 Seated Meditation
2:15-2:30 Walking Meditation
2:30-3 Seated Meditation
3-3:30 Chocolate Meditation
3:30-4 Stepping Out of Silence (Discussion)
Where is it?
Address: 260 Carlaw Avenue, Unit #202A, Toronto, ON, M4M 3L1, Canada
On Carlaw just south of Dundas
What to bring?
- A meditation cushion
- A cushy mat/blanket to put underneath you
- Extra cushions and bolsters to support you
- A blanket
- A sweater
- Lunch (cold – nothing to be microwaved)
Do I Need to be an Experienced Meditator to Participate?
Nope. The day is structured so that each meditation session is progressive. This isn’t your typical cold, stark Zen sitting practice with no guidance, instruction or compassion. You will be eased into a deep meditative state.
Even experienced meditators will enjoy the process of letting go layer upon layer of thoughts, emotions, and stresses that keep them from tapping into the inner stillness and awareness that is inherent in each and every one of us.
The Science of Silence
- recent research is suggesting that prolonged and repeated exposure to silence may result in improved health
- two hours of silence per day prompted cell development in the hippocampus, the brain region related to the formation of memory involving the senses.
- silence is so important to Finland that it went and developed a full national advertising campaign around it using the slogan “Silence Please”
- silence relieves tension in the brain and body
About zen master e
(Kyun Lun – Golden Dharma Wheel – Ian)
- Has over 25 years of meditation experience
- Received Dharma Transmission in 2019 from the Venerable Zen Master Hwasun Yangil Sunim
- Became a Mindfulness trainer in 2012
- Initiated by the Dalai Lama in 2004 (Kalachakra)
- Has worked beside and was mentored by International Bestselling Author and Leadership Expert Robin Sharma
- Has written several books including: The Perfect Enlightenment Sutra, The Shiva Sutras, Awaken: The Buddha’s Eightfold Path to True & Lasting Happiness, The Tao of Abundance and Your Great Awakening to name a few
- Is a Reiki Master and Certified Acupuncturist