Some of my students call me master e.
My good Karma has blessed me to be guided by Zen Master Hwasun Yangil Sunim whose compassion, wisdom and guidance are treasures of the greatest kind.
It was he that gave me Dharma Transmission in 2019. (Lineage)
I have found in my own life that a sincere heart that wants to help all beings be free from suffering is the greatest of all powers to propel you to awaken.
This sincere humble heart is open and vulnerable. It is sensitive to the world. It is naive and gullible.
When the Master says to the student “You are Buddha. Awaken. Awaken and free us all. ” the sincere student filled with great love for all beings dares to believe these crazy words of their beloved teacher.
And in that hope filled love for all beings springs forth their actualization of their true potential. A power that their teacher sees in them, that they see in themselves and that the student sees in all beings.
This characterizes my teaching style.
It is a path of heart. One that goes beyond knowledge to the embodiment of heartfelt heart-based wisdom.
I am non-traditional. Just look at me. I am a conundrum and controversy walking down the street all wrapped up in a humble and bumbling heart.
But don’t let the wrapper fool you my friends. (Yes this IS a quote from Star Wars the Last Jedi)
I don’t wear robes (unless it’s a special ceremony then we put on the big show).
I don’t have a shaved head.
I dance and sing.
I am fully immersed in life.
I’m in the heart and thick of it all.
Trying my best.
My teacher saw something in me – God knows what. I’ve failed more than most of us. I’ve traveled down all the dark roads that a sentient being can make and take but still I found the Dharma (it’s all the Dharma) and somehow through my teachers love and belief in me I am here still doing my best.
And maybe that’s it.
That’s why I’ve had such good fortune in my life.
Because I’ve been through all that perfection so that I can truly and deeply know your own broken and squishy heart. Because it’s my own too.
That I can sit with you without judgment. Just loving you and wanting the best for you. Holding in my heartmind the Buddha Vision of you.
Just as my teacher did for me.
Zen Master Hwasun Yangil Sunim. That guy is the best and I can never repay him fully for his great love for me. All I can do is love you as he loves me.
I love all of you sooooooooo much.
I love all of this life sooooooooo much.
I believe in you.
If I can do it. If I can change with all my issues and troubles so can you.
Awaken my dear awaken.
Don’t you know that you’re a Buddha and all this is a dream.
And like Maitreya said to me in a vision, “We all can dream such a beautiful dream together.”
So what do you say – ya wanna dream together?
I love you all.
Love all beings, enjoy your life and awaken moment to moment.
zen master e
Additional Info About zen master e
- Author of Awaken: The Buddha’s Eightfold Path of True and Lasting Happiness, The Tao of Abundance, The Perfect Enlightenment Sutra and the Shiva Sutras
- Founder of Atha Inc. an organization dedicated to the spreading of Ancient Wisdom to help all being live fully
- Founder of Bipolar Buddha an internet hub to help people diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and their families live good, stable and healthy lives
- Founder of the Golden Lotus Zen an organization dedicated to the promotion and preservation of Zen and Buddhist dharma
- Creator of the Stress Reduction Program
- Chief Facilitator of the Golden Lotus Dharma Teacher Training Program
- Creator and Chief facilitator of the Golden Lotus Practitioner Teacher Training Program
- Lineage holder of Lotus Palm Qigong an ancient vitality and healing practice handed down since the time of Bodhidharma
- Former marketing manager for International Bestselling author Robin Sharma
- Former Customer Service Manager of Toronto’s largest day spa Elmwood Spa
- Certified Acupuncturist
- Reiki Master